Windows Refresh was first introduced by Microsoft in Windows 8, it was continued in Windows 10. Windows refresh has so many advantages and one of the best solution for all of the Windows 10 problem. This process is very simple and quickly completed. At the end your you do not have to do anything to make it complete, all of the steps and process are taken care by Windows itself.
When you need to perform Windows Refresh?
You installed Windows 10 on your PC or a laptop and it was working fine suddenly you are facing any of the problems mentioned below then you should perform a Windows Refresh to your PC or laptop to get back to its previous performance.
- Your PC isn’t working well and you recently installed an update.
- Your PC isn’t working well and it’s been a while since you installed an app, driver, or update.
- Your PC won’t start, you haven’t created a recovery drive, and resetting your PC didn’t work.
- Your PC won’t start and you haven’t created a recovery drive.
- Your PC won’t start and you’ve created a recovery drive.
- You want to reinstall your previous operating system.
- Your PC isn’t working well and you recently installed an app.
Why you need to perform Windows Refresh?
If you are a technical person then you will find out the reason and the root cause of any issue in your Windows 10 device. But for the non-technical person, it is not easy to solve every issue or crash, they are facing in Windows 10 device. If we start to solve any problem in the Windows 10 device or google the reference error code you will find out 100s of blogs and articles explaining step by step solutions. But for not every issue you have to follow those instructions and some of the issues take hours and hours of troubleshooting steps and observation. You can simply avoid those long troubleshooting steps by performing Windows 10 Refresh.
During the Windows 10 Refresh process Windows will keep all of your personal files and settings. Refresh also keeps all the apps that came with your PC and all the apps you installed from the Microsoft store. After completing the Windows 10 Refresh you will not notice a single change in your personal files and application you have installed.
How to Refresh Windows 10 Operating System (OS).
To perform Windows Refresh, you need to have the current version Windows 10 ISO file. You can quickly download the ISO file online from Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File). Here I assume you have the Windows 10 ISO in the Windows 10 device.
Follow the below steps to roll back up your device:
- Double click and mount the ISO file
- Open the setup.exe file
- Accept the Windows 10 license terms
- Wait for the Windows 10 complete the automated process
- Click Install to start the Windows 10 Refresh process
- Wait for the process to complete.
Note: Windows 10 Refresh will take approximately from 1 hour to 2 hours based on the hardware configuration of your PC/laptop. So, be patient till the installation process complete and make sure not to power off your device.